Note: Your emailed purchase order/receipt containing the download link might be sent to your spam folder, please check your email. Please add Accounting and Finance Help to your list of contacts to avoid any inconvenience in locating your download link. You can also access your download links from the website under “My Account”.
BUSN460 Senior Project
Individual Financial Analysis Project
1. At the beginning of 2009, CanGo purchased the online gaming company. This purchase was for cash, paid for through the proceeds of the IPO and results in goodwill.
2. 90% of the online book sales comes from JIT, the other 10% through the inventory which CanGo possesses. 100% of the CD/DVD/MP3 come through CanGo inventory. The result is that 80% of ALL sales is JIT and 20% is inventory.
3. There is one warehouse for shipping of books and one plant for manufacturing.
4. There are three divisions: a CD/DVD/MP3 division, an online gaming division and a books division. All manufacturing takes place in the CD/DVD/MP3 division.
5. The IPO took place at the beginning of 2009.
6. The CD/DVDs were customized beginning in 2008. The MP3 players were built beginning in the start of 2009.
7. The online gaming company was purchased for 30,000,000 and both Elizabeth and Andrew initiated the process.
8. The company began in 2006, has a VC infusion in 2007 and 2008. It showed a profit in 2008 and 2009. Its only profitable division is the online book sales division.
9. It has some type of international operations, hence the need for a “translation gain or loss” in owner’s equity.
10. It has an extraordinary loss from fire and a sale of a segment of its business in 2009.
ASSETS Dec 31, 2009
Marketable Securities 117,000,000
Accounts Receivable 33,000,000
Less: Allowance for Bad Debts (880,000)
Net Accounts Receivable 32,120,000
Raw Materials 2,000,000
Finished Goods 5,000,000
Inventory Purchased for Resale 24,000,000 32,000,000
Total Current Assets 202,020,000
Plant, Property and Equipment 6,700,000
Less: Accumulated Depreciation (320,000)
Net Plant, Property and Equipment 6,380,000
Prepaid Expenses 200,000
Goodwill and Other Purchased Intangibles 28,000,000
Less: Amortization (700,000)
Net Goodwill and Other Purchased Intangibles 27,300,000
Total Assets $235,900,000
LIABILITIES AND OWNERS’ EQUITY
Accounts Payable 22,000,000
Accrued Advertising 11,800,000
Other Liabilities and Accrued Expense 1,400,000
Current Portion of Long-Term Debt 2,300,000
Total Current Liabilities 37,500,000
Long Term Debt 57,400,000
Preferred Stock, 100 par value per share, 100,000 authorized, 0 shares issued and outstanding -
Common Stock, 1 par value per share, 250,000,000 shares authorized, 13,000,000 shares issued, 12,900,000 outstanding 13,000,000
Additional Paid-in-Capital in excess of par value, Common Stock 117,000,000
Treasury Stock (1,000,000)
Retained Earnings (less Cash Dividends Paid) 12,000,000 11,000,000
Total Liabilities and Owner’s Equity 235,900,000
Income Statement Dec 31, 2009 Dec 31, 2008
Sales Revenues 51,000,000 10,300,000
Less: Sales Returns (1,000,000) (300,000)
Net Sales Revenues 50,000,000 10,000,000
Less: Cost of Goods Sold (9,000,000) (4,000,000)
Gross Profit 41,000,000 6,000,000
Advertising and Sales (26,000,000) (3,000,000)
Salaries and Wages (1,700,000) (1,400,000)
Product Development (4,000,000) (1,200,000)
Merger and Acquisition Related Costs, including
Amortization of Goodwill and Other Intangibles (700,000) -
Total Operating Expenses (32,560,000) (5,600,000)
Income from Continuing Operations Before Income Taxes 8,440,000
Less: Income Taxes at 35% (2,954,000)
Income from Continuing Operations 5,486,000
Income from Operations of Discontinued Division
(less applicable income taxes) 350,000
Loss on Disposal of Discontinued Division
(less applicable income taxes) (150,000)
Total Gain from Discontinued Operations 200,000
Loss from fire (less applicable income taxes) (200,000)
Net Income 5,486,000
Books 15,000,000 7,000,000
Online gaming 25,000,000
Customized MP3/CD/DVD 10,000,000 3,000,000
Customized MP3/CD/DVD Inventory at end of 2009 8,000,000
Go to the CanGo intranet found in the Report Guide tab under Course Home
Use the financial statements from the most recent year to fill in the table below.
You may find some formulae calling for an average, e.g., average inventory, average receivables.
Because we only have the Balance sheet for one year, you can only use the one year number not an average.
Assume interest expense is $0.00
Be sure to cite your references